HWconfig question...

Thanks Jesper.

I want to find out whether I may change motor starter thermal load paramater in the IM151 HF.I dont want to cause the plc to stop for only one parameter.Did you try such a this application.

No, never.
We are standardising on S7-300 CPUs with ET200S i/o. So we cannot change the basic HW configuration without stopping the PLC.

For which kind of module is this "thermal load parameter" used ?
Is it a ET200S FC (frequency converter) ?
If so, I would guess that parameters in the drive can be changed on the run. I dont know ET200S FC, but I use MM4 drives where I can change parameters without stopping the CPU.

L D[AR2 said:
SFB52/53 can be used to read/write parameters to a Profibus slave.
Are you sure that on an S7-300, you dont have to restart the CPU to activate changes ?

edit: Just checked the manual for SFB53, and there is no mention of this, so I assume that changes are activated immediately.
So this could be a solution.

Last edited:
I'm using these SFB's for parameter access in Sinamics drives (Not the PKW access method). No restart is necessary. I haven't used them for any other modules.