Siemens TP270 questions

dugmick

Hi all -
2 questions:

1. Is there a means to import a bitmap into the library of a TP270? I would like to place a robot outline (or anyother CAD generated image)on a screen, but I cannot seem to find any information in the Siemens documentation that I have.

2. Where is the mapping for alarm and event messages? If I want to turn on an alarm message, where in ProTool would I find what PLC address to use to turn on message #XXX? Again, I cannot find reference in any of my Siemens documentation.

Thanks in advance

1. In the project tree, go to Language Settings .. Graphics.
There will be a list of defined graphics.
Select an empty line in the list and double click there to open a dialog for selecting a graphics file.
Give it an appropriate name.
Then open the Screen where you want the graphic.
Use Tools .. Graphics View to select that you want to insert a graphic, then specify the Graphic that you defined before.

2. Yes, it is very irritating that yo dont get the address displayed as you did in Protool.
The best I can suggest is to start the name of each alarm with the the address. I do like this:
AL_01_0 ..Alarm description...
AL_01_1 ..Alarm description...
AL_01_2 ..
AL_01_3 ..
AL_01_4
AL_01_5
AL_01_6
AL_01_7
AL_00_0
AL_00_1
AL_00_2
AL_00_3
AL_00_4
AL_00_5
AL_00_6
AL_00_7
AL_03_0
AL_03_1
AL_03_2
AL_03_3
AL_03_4
AL_03_5
AL_03_6
AL_03_7
AL_02_0
AL_02_1
AL_02_2
AL_02_3
AL_02_4
AL_02_5
AL_02_6
AL_02_7
Notice how the byte order is swapped.

Last edited:
Thanks Jesper, the graphic creation is simple now!! :) I still have problems with the messaging. I am using ProTool, it is my only means of working with these units, and I cannot find where it is I set up the messaging I/O points. For example, if I want to turn on alarm message 001, where in ProTool will I find the area to to designate what PLC address, when turned on, will turn on alarm message 001??? Is the setup the same for the event messages as well?

Thanks again for the assistance!!

dugmick said:
For example, if I want to turn on alarm message 001, where in ProTool will I find the area to to designate what PLC address, when turned on, will turn on alarm message 001???
For Protool it is easy, when you select an alarm, then in the lower right corber of the screen you can see the adress for that particular alarm.

dugmick said:
Is the setup the same for the event messages as well?
Yes.

in ProTool, you have to set up and area pointer for the alarms and messages. Right-click the Area Pointer object and insert one for alarm messages or alarm messages and event messages. You will then have to define a datablock area for each one.

Say you setup DB126 DBW0 with a length of 10 bytes as an area pointer for alarms. This will allow you to control 80 messages with this area pointer.

Close the area pointer,and click the Messages icon. There should be two icons, one for alarm messages and one for event messages. Open the one for alarm messages. Now if you click in any of the spots that you can enter text, the actual address of that location (i.e. DB126.DBX1.0) is listed toward the bottom right of the screen.

In the PLC program, make the alarm conditions set the appropriate bit in DB126.

I see that I made the mistake in thinking that dugmick had the alarms working in Protool, but not in WinCC Flexible. He really was asking about Protool the whole time.
My mind is too fixed on WinCC Flexible at the moment. I hope that dugmick got it sorted out with tim2's help.