Anyone have Fisher Provox?

frizb_

Hello,

I am helping a customer to upgrade from an old Fisher Provox system, but we no longer have the original install disks for the system.
Does anyone have a dusty old copy of this they could send me?

Thank you!

Depends which release you are looking for and what you are trying to do.

If the customer is a licensed user Emerson will possibly give you the software if its still supported.

What media is it on?
I still support a customer using TDC2000 on 5 1/4" floppies while others use Bernoullis or Zip discs.

🔨

Thanks for the reply!
The media is floppy disk but the software is no longer supported by Emerson.
I need to setup a copy of their system on our local network for the migration. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Why do you need the original disks if your just copying their existing system?

I'm not terribly familiar with provox but all the other legacy systems you back out their working configuration and use that.
All the original discs give you is the empty system files and some operating personalities.
Once you copy them to the live system the files are modified per the customers plant and you no longer use the original discs.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'copy the system on your local network' though as all this lives on proprietary hardware.
To run a mirror system you would need the same rev hardware/firmware as the customer has and its pretty rare stuff.

Hello,

Sorry for not being more clear.
I simply want to install Provox on a "Virtual Machine" so I can use the HMI editor to see the dynamic values of the on screen objects. The customer would like to maintain the same screen functionality / database layout.
I have tried to simply copy the files to my computer and run the application but it appears to be missing a DLL.

If anyone can send me a copy of the original Provox Install disks or simply the graphics editor it would really save my Canadian bacon.

Thanks again!