PLC5 Amber Force LED

I have a PLC-5/80E/E that has a steady force LED illuminated. There are NO comms either from the DH+ or the RS232 ports. The Processor LED is steady red. I've tried leaving the power off with the battery disconnected overnight. However, the problem still exists.

I took the CPU board out and installed it in a PLC5-80B/E just to see what would happen. The CPU appeared to boot but the Processor LED blinked red/green indicating it was trying to flash and there were still no comms. I let it go for about 10 minutes with no change.

Has anyone run across this problem? It looks like someone shut down the CPU with the forces enabled but should that alone disable the DH+ and RS232 comms?

Any help appreciated.

CTG

Force LED

solid red proc ... download program

forces ... sfc or forces enabled in project loaded.

and as for swapping processor boards between processors... voided warrantee...fingers in ears la la la.

CONTROLTESTGUY said:
It looks like someone shut down the CPU with the forces enabled but should that alone disable the DH+ and RS232 comms?
No, it shouldn't, otherwise there is no way of removing forces. I have no experience with PLC5 however, but my (limited) knowledge of SLC5/03 and CompactLogix makes me think this way. Anyone who can confirm my thoughts?

Kind regards,