S7-226 with a TD200

mjamil

Hi all,
its been a long time this Cigarette guy has been out of this forum.

I just received a call from one of our customer.

The PLC is running fine all the machine and its function, in Auto/manual mode are working fine.

except the TD-200, which is displaying " CPU NOT RESPONDING "

The cables are (should) be fine as they are concealed in the panel which hasn't been messed (so far).

I got the idea (after talking to the tech guys there) that there is a bright chance someone used the display to changes its basic (default) setting.

Since I've never worked on a complicated task, I just plug in the display program it and PRESTO!
in short I've never played with the default settings
What I want to know,

1) Is there a quick dip switch to return all the settings to default, instead of going thru all of them, one by one.

2) Is there any way I can restrict the users from getting into the menu and mess up the defaults (if they make any difference)

Bye

1) Is there a quick dip switch to return all the settings to default, instead of going thru all of them, one by one.

2) Is there any way I can restrict the users from getting into the menu and mess up the defaults (if they make any difference)

hi m.jamil,

now i have a TD 200 in front of me and there is only(what i can see ) :rolleyes: one RS 232 D conector and one 24 VDC supply ,(no dip switch)

about the TD 200 setting as i know the TD200 receives its settings from the S7 200 plc ( data block ) e.g:

DATA BLOCK

//TD 200 ---------------

VB0 'TD'
VB2 16#10
VB3 16#81
VB4 2
VB5 0
VW6 34
VW8 14
VW10 0
VW12 2
//-------------------- END OF TD 200

check the data block of the plc to find out if any changes happened
to the program,

i hop this help ?

Last edited:
CPU NOT RESPONDING

Hi mjamil,

It happened to me once on an S7-224 CPU and the problem was a faulty CPU port.The port was damaged and there was no communication to the TD200 even though the PLC was working fine controlling the rest of the process.Most likely if you connect your computer to the PLC you will not be able to communicate with it so I believe your TD200 has no problem.

Hey Mjamil.
If the system settings were hacked then it's possible that either the TD200 address/CPU address or baud rate (or all three!)were changed. All these can be accessed from within system settings.
These settings can be password protected but you have to have the user program and the software to do this. Run the TD200 configuring wizard and select the password option.
Job Done.

this will do the job

hi ,

i agree with boyo , if you add a password to your program ,
then the TD 200 will be also protected , because as i mentioned in above thread, the td 200 receives its configuration from the CPU.

try to down load any thing to the plc , or make a few changes , and if every thing go's alright, the the problem will probably be the td 200 configuration.

best regards
khalil i khalil
technician.

Hi,
Just be aware there are passwords for both CPU access and also to protect functions on the TD200.
To protect TD200 functions including System settings then you must run the TD200 Wizard and download the modified data block to the CPU. You can get around running the wizard by directly editing the data block if you know what you're doing. Tha data block is syntax sensitive so you have to be careful and I would not recommend this, only as a last resort.