DIN rail mountable counter

LadderLogic

I have been looking for a non-resettable 7 or 8 digits counter (electromechanical or battery-backed LED type) that could be mounted inside the electrical cabinet on a piece of DIN rail. Cannot seem to find one.

This is a standard task of totalizing the number of machine cycles, so there is no need to be able to count at high frequencies. 24 VDC signal is preferred.

If anyone knows about such a product, please share the knowledge.

I've used lots of these things:
http://www.newark.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=en_US/33786.xml
in cycle counting applications.

I know its not din rail mount, but its dirt cheap, self powered, and requires only a dry contact to increment it. It does have reset pins but if you don't connect them then it won't reset. I've got some that are more than 10 years old and still going on the original battery.

Din Rail Mounted Counters

Omron makes a wide series of counters suitable for DIN rail mounting. These plug into standard 11 Pin din mount sockets.
Here is an example:- http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/C968E3175D78AC7086256B810073BD56/$FILE/D15H7CN0302.pdf

Though I am NOT sure if they have an 8 digit unit?

Last edited:
Thank you guys, but I have seen it all. The base-mounted Redington counter is the closest match, but the pressure to cut costs today is such that even having our wiring vendors drill a few more holes in the panel is better to be avoided. We have also had some long lead times issues with Redington stuff in the past.

On the other hand, making cutouts in the front panel is still more expensive option - that what we have to do now. It looks like this idea (a DIN rail kit for a small counter) is so simple that no one ever thought about it. Just like another pet peeve of mine: a light tower with a pre-wired standard 12mm connector (not a fieldbus, just a typical 5 or 6-pinner)...

There is a guy from Red Lion appearing on this forum once in a while, care to look into that? I mean LCD Cubs and similar small stuff.