Retrieving program version from Modicon TSX

iansabey

Good afternoon.

I am looking for a way of getting the program name and compile date/time from all of the PLC's in our plant so I can regularly crosscheck with the documentation and avoid errors. The plant has about 120 x tsx momentum and 9 x tsx quantum so going on line to each with ConCept is not the way to go. All the PLC's are connected to the plant ethernet.

What I could do with is a command-line tool I could run on a PC to extract the name/date/etc or, if none exists I could write one if the protocol is documented anywhere (it would appear that modbus functions 126 and 40 are involved).

Alternatively, if the PLC could read it's own name/date into the program I could put it into a set of registers and read it out with the usual modbus read functions.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Ian Sabey.

Last edited:
No way I've ever seen to do that with Concept. And I doubt you'll ever find information on where that is stored in the PLC memory and how to access it, as then you could write your own programming software too.

Good luck.

You can try use %s13 (thats in Unity and Pl7 pro,dont know concept but pressume it has %s13) to Read the date and time registers. That way when ever the plc is put in run mode (pressumably after a download) you can check the date and time. Write this into seperate words for each station. Best that I can think of......for now

Last edited:
chud,

Concept has no such addresses. Those %s addreses are for the Telemecanique stuff, not the old Modicon. Concept works in old Modicon style addresses.