S7 OPC migration

svoicum

Hello ALL,

I have an issue trying to migrate from laptop to PC...
My application consist of:
-3 PLC ET200S (AA13) one as DP master, the other 2 as slaves (profibus comm)
-3 HMI OP77B,
-1 laptop PC Station (application dev with CP5512) with SIMATIC NET OPC SERVER SOFNET-DP (for PROFIBUS) for SCADA (not WinCC).

The PLC, HMI, SCADA programming was done with success on laptop.

The client PC Station has CP5611 for profibus communication and the same OPC for SCADA.

Till now I install the CP5611 driver, Simatic Net OPC software, I import the PC Station configuration.

I can see all the profibus network, but in OPC Scout I cannot see the SYM/ as in dev laptop.

What steps I've done wrong and what I shall do more to migrate a configuration from the laptop to the client's PC?

Thank you!

Hi svoicum.

As the PC station of your laptop is different from the customers PC (CP5512/CP5611) then you have probably made two different "PC stations", one for the laptop, the other for the customer PC.
Did you make a "connection" (*) in NetPro for the customers PC to the PLC ?
Did you select that the symbols for the STEP7 project should be generated ?

*: It confuses me that you use Softnet-DP and not Softnet-S7.
Have you setup the HMI as a Profibus slave or what ?
Or is it setup as a master on the Profibus network ?
If the HMI is a DP slave, then it is not necessary to setup a "connection", and there will not be symbols from the STEP7 project. In stead there will be input/output data's.

Hi JesperMP,

You are correct: double PC station in configuration are because of different CP.
Yes, the connection in NetPro for the customers PC it's made, and Yes I select the "all symbols" generation (indentically as for the laptop).

The selection for Softnet-DP it was made, on my ask, by the local Siemens distribuitor (tired for looking in siemens doc for the correct choice..). But more that sure, you are correct, I should chose Softnet-S7 as long OPC it's looking in a S7 connection. I'm not looking for achieving data from HMI, so no connection to HMI interesting for SCADA app.

And YES there are no SYM/...

Strip out all the code blocks from your project. Keep the DBs and the symbol list. Then archive and post the zip file here.
I can then check it if you want.

The way you have described it you have gotten the wrong Simatic Net license. I think you get a nag screen when the OPC server starts because you dont have a license for an S7 connection.

Jesper,
Tons of appologies for wasting your time. Now, when I double checked to send you the application, I realised that I forgot to check "All Symbols" for the custommer PC (allthough I was more than sure that I checked that when I created the PC station). So there was my problem, fixed it now and it works.

Thanks once again and all the best.

Cheers,
Svoicum.