HotRod Trainer

AGENTTINFOIL

Wow this thing looks pretty cool...

hotrod.jpg

Ron, maybe I am reaching alittle but. Would it be possible to get a parts list to build me a HotRod? This little gadget is really cool... and it looks like I could teach myself some things with this Bad little toy. Or would this be considered proprietary, if so I understand. But if you can find it in you to pass it on I would be greatful.

Thanks in advance

Travis

WOW!! I need a week read that thread...

My head really starts to hurt when Ron or Peter go off the deep end :)

EDIT: Also saw Bob going deep :) Hi Bob

o_O ;)
I 2nd that - we have some smart dudes around here!

geniusintraining said:
WOW!! I need a week read that thread...

My head really starts to hurt when Ron or Peter go off the deep end :)

EDIT: Also saw Bob going deep :) Hi Bob

funny you should ask about that list of parts now ... the hotrod and I are leaving for Indiana in a few minutes for an onsite training gig next week ... I've got another forum member in Louisville, KY who wanted a list ... once he and I have gotten our heads together, I should be able to help you out ... I'll see if I can get online at the hotel tonight ... I'll write more when I can ...

I would consider a software simulator

I have a hydraulic system that I use for testing in the warehouse. The problem is that the hydraulic system doesn't change. We can change the valves and the weight of load but that is about it. I can change a software simulator to have anything I like.

I would look at what Gerry did with some lead/lag function on a Control Logix. I thought that was excellent too. Now Gerry can simulate many types of temperature systems. With a little thought and mathemagic he can probably simulate non-linear heat exchangers too. I know I can but it is handier if the simulator is in your PLC.

You should also look at the hotrod.zip in the forum library in the misc section. I have a software simulator in there but it isn't as simple as Gerry's because the SLC5/05 does have a lead/lag function so I had to do it the hard way.

You can see this was done years ago.

I have a hydraulic system that I use for testing in the warehouse. The problem is that the hydraulic system doesn't change. We can change the valves and the weight of load but that is about it. I can change a software simulator to have anything I like.

This is very much true. I have been working with Peter's new controllers. The simulator is very very good. I have only used it to test out my programs but it is very flexible. I would encourage anyone that has the time to download the software and give it a look. When I get some more time I would like to work with the simulator more. I think it would be great to enter in the system information before its made. Then you could make adjustments to the system to correct problems before they are problems.​

FYI Peter, this week was a good week for me. I finially got my demo machine running. I got the first axis moving ok then thought I would give the autotune a try. I was very impressed. This is the first time I have been successful using autotune. It wasn't perfect but it got me real close. I still have a lot of work to do but I think we will start using multiple 70's until the 150 has Profibus.​