Cracking the Mitsubishi Keyword

Doug Hylton

The Mitsubishi has a Keyword that acts like a password. You can lock your program so it cant be downloaded.

With the new FX3u PLC there is a 16 character keyword option. If the keyword is 16 characters this scheme will not work. You cannot crack a 16 character keyword because the keyword comparison is done in the PLC processor. This is a good reason to use the FX3u because if you are an OEM and you have developed special software it cannot be up loaded in China and sold for the cost of a CD.

Doug Hylton

Last edited:
Password cracking methods are not well received on this site.
You may want to reconsider your post.

Well... it was nice knowing you Doug :)

Read the New Here? Please read this important info!!! at the top of the page... I think there is something about passwords in there...

If you edit your post and remove it you may see another day :D

EDIT: Ok just read it...nothing about passwords but you still need to delete your post, trust me :)

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I got a different view on Doug's post. I think he says you will want to use a 16 character keyword to prevent anyone from getting your code. Intellectual property protection, you are protecting your work.
At least that is my take.
Those unscrupulous ones who would try to break a code know how to do it and are doing it. So you should protect yourself and use a 16 character keyword all the time.

It now looks as if it is an advertising post, which is also not well received here. This can also be read in the New Here? Please read this important info!!! at the top of the page.

The post might also offend Chinese members, although we all know what Doug means.

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre

Are you saying that GIT's post looks like advertising? I suppose everyone is entitled to a signature which may include their company name and address. On the other hand a list of products and services, including an "... and now" latest release feature, and a pricing enticement may be pushing the signature=identity definition a little bit far :)

Regards

Ken
(There you are - a three-letter signature)

Ken M said:
Jean Pierre

Are you saying that GIT's post looks like advertising? I suppose everyone is entitled to a signature which may include their company name and address. On the other hand a list of products and services, including an "... and now" latest release feature, and a pricing enticement may be pushing the signature=identity definition a little bit far :)

Regards

Ken
(There you are - a three-letter signature)

Happy?

(There you are - a 119-letter signature)

Q series

I was wondering if you knew if the Q series from same company had this type of feature? I have been looking at the Q series for a project and the sales rep is comming this week but I would like to be more knowledgable before he arrives.

Doug Hylton said:
The Mitsubishi has a Keyword that acts like a password. You can lock your program so it cant be downloaded.

With the new FX3u PLC there is a 16 character keyword option. If the keyword is 16 characters this scheme will not work. You cannot crack a 16 character keyword because the keyword comparison is done in the PLC processor. This is a good reason to use the FX3u because if you are an OEM and you have developed special software it cannot be up loaded in China and sold for the cost of a CD.

Doug Hylton

Ken M said:
Are you saying that GIT's post looks like advertising?
No. I was stating that Doug's post was looking as if he was advertising for the Mitsubishi keyword possibilities. Sorry to have confused you folks. I should have known, I have been around here long enough to know better. After all, I have been a co-worker on S&M :D.

Kind regards,

Nothing wrong with GITs signature, put it back like it was:beerchug:

jvdcande said:
No. I was stating that Doug's post was looking as if he was advertising for the Mitsubishi keyword possibilities. Sorry to have confused you folks. I should have known, I have been around here long enough to know better. After all, I have been a co-worker on S&M :D.

Kind regards,
Oh no, I didn't think we were allowed to bring up S&M anymore. The bill collectors will close in on us for the bar tab