Ge9030

KEN_KACEL

Can the 9030 software run in the XP enviorment? Have a customer thats needs some debugging. I haven't talked to a 9030 in many moons, last century. When windows was 95/98 and we were crawling out of the DOS world.

I use LM90, old and new in XP. It just runs in a DOS window.

Seems awfully clunky nowadays tho. I normally just import my LM files into Versapro or CME.
I think to use CME on an older PLC you have to download to it at least once though.

Older versions of Logicmaster may not play nice with XP. Version 9.5 should work OK. Older firmware versions of the 90-30 CPU may not play nice with CME. You might need a new EPROM chip for the CPU.

Knowing that you'll be communicating with an old 90-30, your best bet for a quick service call would be to use an older computer running Windows 95 or 98 and the older version of Logicmaster you used in the past.