GE to AB

Terry Boblitt

In the process of converting GE to AB. Having a little trouble undering standing the GE. QUESTION #1-If looking at the GE instruction.....under the tmr. instruction i have
CURRENT...
T603CV %R0001..to the right of it I have %MO603 as my output.
QUESTION #2 Under a timer instruction I have%R0025 on the output I have%M0077 (S)
Thanks Terry

Those are memory bits (Mxxxx) that get turned on when the timer has reached its preset. Timers in GE us Register files (16 bit words). GE allocates 3 Registers per timer so the next Timer would have to be R0004

GE Fanuc does not reserve a specific memory area for timers the way AB does. The address to the right of the TMR function is the equivalent of the timer's DN bit in AB.

As Ron mentioned, each timer in GE Fanuc uses three consecutive %R addresses. The first of those three is the one you see displayed beneath the instruction., That is the equivalent of the AB .ACC word. The second of the three is the equivalent of the AB .PRE word. The third of the three is where the PLC keeps track fractional time increments as well as the equivalent to AB's TT and DN bits.

Back
Top Bottom