SLC 504 L542b comm 0 program port setup

mordred

Trying to lock the comm 0 as a programming port its currently setting it up as an Ascii port. I've already defaulted the processor and am setting it up merely as a training aid. However I would like to lock in the channel 0 as a program port as I do not have the right cable for channel 1

If you have reset it correctly, then CH0 will default to DF1 @ 1200 baud.

You cannot "lock" the CH0 port per se.
PLC5 has the functionality to block access to various settings in a myriad of ways. SLC500 only has the password and the master password.

Yeah thats one of the settings I came across the other was Chan 0 user set at ascii which I set to shutdown. Appears to be working for my needs by the way what is the correct cable # for Channel 1 which uses the d shell(ps2 style) connection? I currently have the 1747-cp3 which I may try to build an adaptor for it

let me guess 1784-KT-Kt2 with a 1784-cp6
or 1784-pcmk with a 1784-PCM5 with a 1784-cp7

I hope I'm reading this DH+ communication manual correctly there isd a few other options but am I correct in my thinking?

See Pic
SLC504Comm.jpg

Now there is a handy chart thanks Mickey and Ken. Guess I'll continue to work through the channel 0. And if they ever require this processor for an ascii device then I'll have to convince them to get me the other options