Step 7: MicroWin to Simatic

Cryogen

Hi Experts!

I have good experience with the Siemens Step7 Microwin (programming a lot of S7-200 PLCs). I am now trying to program a ET200S with the Step7 - Simatic. I have little experience with it. So please help me, I have couple of questions:

1. How do you program logic that operates only for the first scan? I see OB101 or so for it but wondering which one to use - Warm start, Cold, Hot.. Also, is there a "Always_On" system bit?

2. Is there something similar to a V memory? I see M memory but looks like it can be used only for 256 bytes. Do I need to use DBs for it?

3. Also, if I need to update the program to another ET200S, can I just move the memory card?

Thanks.

1. How do you program logic that operates only for the first scan?
This you can do using M bits.U need set the M bit after job is done and then make sure that logic is not executed as long as M bit is set.

I see OB101 or so for it but wondering which one to use - Warm start, Cold, Hot.. Also, is there a "Always_On" system bit?
-->Same as above you can make Always On bit and that you can do in OB1.
AN M0.0
SET M0.0

2. Is there something similar to a V memory? I see M memory but looks like it can be used only for 256 bytes. Do I need to use DBs for it?
-->DB are equivalent to V memory

3. Also, if I need to update the program to another ET200S, can I just move the memory card?
-->moving MMC to ET200S!!What that mean, how does ur CPU talk with ET200s. Is it IM151-1 or IM151-3 PN?