AB PLC5 to Foxboro I/A Series Interface

ashley

One of our clients has a PLC 5/20 communicating to Foxboro DCS over Modbus. There is a Prosoft Modbus Communication module in the PLC5 chassis which is used for communication.

The customer now wants to go over DH+ because of some communication problems with the Modbus network. So the plan is to use a 1770-KF2 module which will convert from DH+ to RS232 which in turn can be directly interfaced to the Integrator 30 gateway. My understanding is that the addresses will have to be changed from Modbus to Allen-Bradley in the DCS.

My question: Is there any additional software to be installed on the DCS side to carry out this modification. The Integrator 30 gateway is already existing and is being used in the present scheme i.e communication via Modbus.

Appreciate any helpful insights and thanks in advance.

The existing communication is via Modbus.
Once the new scheme is implemented Modbus will no longer be used.