MSG Instruction Help

I have a SLC 5/05 in a vendor supplied panel. I will need to monitor some of the N bits of the data table for alarm conditions. I will be trying to access this data from a Contrologix L55 processor over a ethernet/IP network. Is the MSG instruction in RSLogix 5000 what I need to use? Sorry if this question is too vague, I am new to much of this. Any advice anyone could provide would be helpful

After you confirm that the SLC505 is at proper firmware ...

I would align all the data that you want to transmit to the CLX. Then only on data change would I initiate a message. Don't forget to have a handshake between PLC's so that you will be able to determine if the SLC has communication problem.

Similar Topics

Hello All, This might be a simple question for most of you. I am working on performing some tests on an EIP device through RSLogix 5000. Based...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to ensure I have the correct path to allow msg read from 5380 processor via compactlogix. The SI has installed it in a way I'm not...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to use a MSG instruction to get data from a SLC into a ControlLogix. I want to read some Boolean tags from the SLC. Is it possible to...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I need some help setting up a MSG instruction to transmit 10 bits of data from a compact Logix processor to a micrologix 1400. I have...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone. I'm relatively new to the Allen-Bradley world. My issue I'm facing is this. I have a remote Refractive Index sensor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom