Interface 1761-NET-ENI

Hojland

Hey. I am new to this Ethernet Interface. How do I comunicate with the modul. Rslinx? I need to giv it the IP adreses

Links to Configuration utility and manual.

http://www.ab.com/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix1000/get/ENIWUtility301.exe

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1761-um006_-en-p.pdf

configutility.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I have downloaded the program. But when I am trying to type in the Ip adr, it says "Missing Ip adresse delimiter". What am I doing wrong. I can´t even hit the help button

probably going to need some more info 1 are you connecting the PC to the module using a crossover cable? see chapter 2 of the manual posted above.
2 what status lights are on the module?
are you running dhcp or trying to set a fixed IP?

Don't enter IP addresses with underscores ( or space holders) use period between octets
I.e. 198.168.0.0

Last edited:
Hi You need to follow some crude steps.

1. Connect EtherNet and RS232 PMO2 cable Between your PC and ENI
2. Use BOOT P utility that comes along with RSLinx tools in our program folder to get BOOT P request. I assume the module you have is out of box and evey AB EtherNet hardware is set to Dynimic address as factory default
3. Assign a IP address using this BOOT P utility.
4. Use the same IP address and subnet mask in your ENI utility and click on ENI ROM button.
5. you will get connected to ENI and then you can decide any routing table and download it to ENI.
I hope thise steps work.

heres the way I have been setting up ENI's

using a micrologix cable
shutdown linx
open the ENI utility
type in the IP in this format
000.000.000.000 so 10.1.1.1 would be 010.001.001.001
enter in the IP and Subnet mask and Gateway (if your using one)
save the config to file (to save time just incase)
then save to ROM
(make sure you have the correct com port set)
then after it comes back online its ready

connect it to the PLC
connect the ethernet cable (if this is part of building a PLC network)

oh and select the correct ser and I've found turning on compac logix routing is helpful even if its connected to an slc

Hey I got it now. But when I am trying to connect it, via Rslinx it do not recegonized it. When I am tryning to PING it, it do not work...GGGGGGGrrrrrr

don't use linx to config the ENI

after the ENI is setup you can use ethernet to go online with the connected PLC

in order for the ENI serial utility to work you need to shut down linx (I've always gotten an error if I try to connect to an ENI with linx running

What is you computer IP address?
It should be the same * except for the last group of numbers.
In your picture the IP is 010.003.251.010 so your computer should be 010.003.251.100. This is an example since I don't know what IPs are avaliable on your network.
Also check the com settings tab.

* I know you can go to anothe group of IP by changing the SubNet Mask but I didn't want to muddy the water.

Hope this helps.

problem with my 1761-NET-ENI

We have a 1761-NET-ENI and it was configured for 192.168.1.254 -- then the power got cut to it and it stopped responding to pings.

What would have caused the ENI module to break after this power cycle? It was working fine prior to it. The tech noticed that the fault light blinks 3 times after it is restarted. Also, there is no blinking COMM0 light between it and the MicroLogix 1500 that it is connected to. There used to be.

Is the module toast? Did the configuration get cleared out and I have to reconfig it???

THanks!
-Tom

Check the manual but I think that the 192.168.1.254 is a default IP and until you set an IP the fault light will flash.

Also, when you give it an IP address make sure you uncheck the Boot-P enable and configure RSLinx with the same IP address.

Yes we had it working fine with 192.168.1.254 for the past week. We didn't care about the fault light, we just accomodated the network to account for it at the site.

However, over the weekend, someone cut power to the electrical cabinet resetting both the PLC and the ENI. Ever since,... the ENI has been dead. I can't even configure it using the ENI utility, or setup BOOTP for its MAC address. It shows the "Link" and "Power" light on. Even the fault light doesn't come on any more.

Whats going oN? We think it's toast.