UIC comm module

randylud

If you are currently, or have been using the 1747-UIC module to communicate to a PLC from RSLogix, do you still use the 3.5" floppy to install the drivers? Or, has AB come out with a different delivery method for the drivers? In light of the 3.5" floppy drive demise, I wonder what is happening out there in the real world. I have not bought any UICs for some time and will probably not buy any since we are an educational user and not industrial. These little puppies tend to last a while.

Got mine about 3 or 4 years ago came with a floppy. Had to get the firmware upgraded wouldn't complete a download to a panel view firmware had to be greater than 1.1

Go to the Rockwell Knowledge base and open technote 37831. You can download a zip file with the driver and a manual from there.

Thanks, guys! Always good help from PLCs.net and I wonder if the download method is the way AB is gonna go for getting the drivers out to new UIC owners? Makes for fun times at AB I am sure. Later men!