RS View Studio / Panelview Plus Trending

Coachman

Good Morning,

I have a question about trending. I setup a trend and a Data Log and it is working well, but when I change displays and then go back to the trend display ,it starts over. I would like to be able
to see some historial data. What do I need to do retain the previous data, and have it track data even if I'm on another screen.

Thanks in Advance,

I created a Data Log Model. How would I go about setting up a Macro,and
how does it relate to the Data Log Model and Trend.

Thanks

In order for the datalog model to actually 'log data' it needs to be started.

You can do this via a command line or I usually do it via a startup macro.
In other words, create a macro called 'startup' and in there put in a command to start your specific datalog model.
Then in the startup portion of RSView tell it to run that 'startup' macro.

I run several things, inclusing starting all my different datalogs.
That way every time RS View is started it will start your datalog model and log your historical data so it can be viewed via the trend page.
Read the help topic in RSView, its pretty self explanatory.

you must select the trend properties and then select "pen" and select a pen from a datalog model.
Not from the list of tags of rsview !!!
if a tag is in a datalog model, but you select the same tag in the list of tags, it wont be save on the trend.
Because you load the value of the tag and not the value of the tag in the datalog model.

(i hope that my english is not too bad.:D)

If it's Studio, you can just enable 'Data Logging' on start up...

Studio_Startup.jpg

SLC_Integrator said:
In order for the datalog model to actually 'log data' it needs to be started.

You can do this via a command line or I usually do it via a startup macro.
In other words, create a macro called 'startup' and in there put in a command to start your specific datalog model.
Then in the startup portion of RSView tell it to run that 'startup' macro.

I run several things, inclusing starting all my different datalogs.
That way every time RS View is started it will start your datalog model and log your historical data so it can be viewed via the trend page.
Read the help topic in RSView, its pretty self explanatory.

Are you referring to RSView32 or RSView Studio for ME. The macros in ME are only used to assign values to tags

Yeah, we are confusing RSView32 with RSview ME (now FactoryTalk View).

The OP mentioned RSView ME / PanelView Plus in the subject line so this should be ME not 32. Only one Datalog model is allowed. KidBlue's screen grab shows it perfectly. Macros in ME don't do what they do in RSView 32.

As SNYVE mentions, Make SURE that you point to tags from the Datalog model. From the Pens tab on your Trend properties window, right in the middle of the page, select the datalog model.

OG

Last edited: