Looking for info on Controlware

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer with a system that has an open controller in an Allenbradley SLC rack. It appears to be a computer that is sitting in the first 4 slots of a rack and has the p/N 1747OC-EDAAA In the first slot which I believe is the actual PCU and RAM unit.

Next to it are a VGA slot, a PMCIA slot and an IDE slot.

The thing programs in somethign called Controlware but I'm having difficulty finding anything about it online.

I found an AB press release from 1999 about it but not much else on if anyone took it over or if there is a migration path to newer technology.

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks,

AB sold an "engine" that enabled programming the OC using IsaGraf. I can't recall whether that was called ControlWare.
There's a company in Montreal (forget the name) that took over IsaGraf and did some systems using the OC.