Siemens s7-300....first scan...and communication error......

f117

Hello, i need some help with siemens s7-300. I want you to tell me how i can set some initial values in the first scan of the program!also how can i run a block every 1 hour for example. In Hitachi plcs this was done with some special bits...but in siemens how its done? At last i would like to set an alarm when a communication error is occured, i have search and found that OB87 is doing this. is this right? how i can program it?

thank you a lot:geek:

Last edited:
Hi,

the OB100 (hot restart) , OB101 (Re-start) and OB102 (cold restart) can help you... they are called depending on the startup mode.

To run a block every minute, hour, day, etc.. you can use the OB10 to OB17...

For you alarm, you can do for instance, in OB87 :

SET
S "myDB".myAlarm

Hope it helps...
bye

pascal22 said:
...the OB100 (hot restart) , OB101 (Re-start) and OB102 (cold restart) can help you... they are called depending on the startup mode.

Not quite....he's using a S7-300, so only OB100 Warm Restart (and OB102 Cold Restart if the CPU is a 318-2) is available.

Is there any simple way to RESET it again, after communication error is removed?

OB 87 is called on each event.......

An event is error coming as well as error going......

Means within the data supplied by OB 87 you'll be able to know if it's coming or going.
The rest is cake....

I'm not sure what You mean... :(
How can I differentiate between "incoming" and "outgoing" event?

For OB81 it is OB81_EV_CLASS = B#16#39 for incoming and B#16#38 for outgoing. But OB87 has B#16#35 only.

Can You post some example for OB87?

OB87 TEMP area

Sorry,but I cannot see,which byte I should use in case of OB87!
Please, can You tell me?

OB87_EV_CLASS BYTE Event class and identifiers: B#16#35
OB87_FLT_ID BYTE Error code:(possible values: B#16#D2, B#16#D3, B#16#D4, B#16#D5, B#16#E1, B#16#E2, B#16#E3, B#16#E4, B#16#E5, B#16#E6)
OB87_PRIORITY BYTE · Priority class; can be assigned via STEP 7 (hardware configuration)
OB87_OB_NUMBR BYTE OB number (87)
OB87_RESERVED_1 BYTE Reserved
OB87_RESERVED_2 BYTE Reserved
OB87_RESERVED_3 WORD Depends on the error code
OB87_RESERVED_4 DWORD Depends on the error code
OB87_DATE_TIME DATE_AND_TIME DATE_AND_TIME of day when the OB was called

If you have that manual I poted, the fault ID is explained in the OB87 section and towards the end of the manual there is a description of event codes.

Still cannot see it

Do You mean the table below (page 63 of proposed SFX_e.pdf)? I cannot see any "outgoing" message there...

Error code Byte/Word Meaning
· B#16#D2:· B#16#D3· B#16#D4:· B#16#D5 OB87_RESERVED_3:· OB87_RESERVED_4: Transmission of diagnostic entries currently not possible.Synchronization messages cannot be transmitted (master).Illegal time-of-day jump due to clock synchronization.Error when receiving synchronization time (slave).Contains no further information.Contains no further information.
· B#16#E1:· B#16#E3:· B#16#E4: OB87_RESERVED_3: OB87_RESERVED_4: High byte:Low byte: Incorrect frame ID during global data communication.Frame length error during global data communication.Illegal GD packet number received.interface ID (0: K bus, 1: MPI)GD circuit numberContains no further information.
· B#16#E2: OB87_RESERVED_3: OB87_RESERVED_4: High word:Low word: GD packet status cannot be entered in the DBDB numberContains no further information.· GD circle number (high byte),· GD packet number (low byte)
· B#16#E5:
OB87_RESERVED_3: OB87_RESERVED_4:
High word:
Low word: Access error to DB during data exchange via communication function blocksReserved for internal use by CPU.Number of block containing the MC7 command that caused the error.Relative address of the MC7 command that has caused the error.