S7 200 outputs

Farid

Hi every one,

I have an application where I have to connect S7200 PLC DC outputs to a drive that only accept NPN signals..

does anyone knows, whether siemens s7 200 has NPN transistor output or not..

I am planning to buy S7200 CPU 224XP..

thanks for your comments.

Farid said:
I have an application where I have to connect S7200 PLC DC outputs to a drive that only accept NPN signals..

NPN/PNP!!!!
You can generate output from PLC to switch on a relay, then you can feed either 24V DC or 0V through NO contact of relay to drive.

Hi Farid.

I think you should take a good look at the Drive manual, because all the drives I worked over the years, you can change the inputs from NPN to PNP.

@Farid
S7200 in DC/DC/DC models only offers sourcing (PNP) outputs.

Keyence offers a dandy product (standalone) to convert NPN>>PNP. Works on 24VDC and offers acceptable (can not recollect) responce times.
www.keyence.com.sg

Email me and I will get you the part number if the web search fails.

Cheers