trouble configuring profibus -dp slave system

prasadtoke

Dear All,

I have the following configuration;

1.S7-300 313c-2DP as a master.

2.M-system distribued I/os (similar to ET-200m)

I want to configure the above system in master slave the 300 cpu being the master.

After configuring the system in HW config of simatic manager by importing the GSD file of M-system i'm getting Bus fault and System fault on S7 CPu.
Also in the diagnostic buffer of S7 CPU i'm getting the following error
"DISTRIBUTED I/Os END OF SYNCHRONISATION WITH A DP MASTER"

Kindly let me know if possible in detail with a simatic manager setup what is going wrong in the setup

Thanks
Prasad

In the error message it says which error OB that is needed to keep the PLC running. Probably OB86 because the slave is not connected or powered up.
If this doesnt clear the problem then look in the HW Diagnostics (not the CPU diagnostics buffer).

i have not written anything in SImatic manager (ob86) is not downloaded in the cpu .should i do that?Also do i have connected the profibus connection to 4&8 no pins of the D connector on the Distributed i/o is there a problem withthtat?
THanks
Prasad

Yes. Put OB86 in the CPU. I recommend that you program a HMI alarm in OB86, i.e. "DP slave access error".

I also recommend to use Profibus connectors with integral termination resistors. For a short connection to only one slave you could just use a preconfectioned MPI cable.