MicroLogix Error 71

IndiaJones

Long time reader first time poster...

I have a Micrologix 1500 LSP with extended IO (1 IT6, 2 IF4's, 3 OF2's). It has been running fine for a year.
Currently every 30 to 60 minutes I get a fault (71h Communication loss to IO card, not able to determine which one.). Any tips on how to find out which card is causing it, or could the problem be with the processor itself. Any advice would be appreciated.

Could be almost anything.
I would order another BASE UNIT. Check your end cap, located on the last card to the right. (Usually a different message would be indicated for end-cap though).
You are going to have to do some replacing soon I would suspect...

Check your analog devices on the OFxx and the IFxx cards to make sure nothing is shorted. I had a similiar problem with a compact logix faulting after running for weeks, then days, then hours.

That's the issue that I have. I assumed either a short or noise. I disconected all inputs and outputs and placed it in run. 30 minutes later same fault.

So, what was causing the error 71?
Did you find the cause?
If not, how did you correct situation?

I am having very similar problem, checked everything and do not know what else I can do.