PLC back up

basoenek

I am A new PLC user.Can someone please tell me in simple detailed steps how to back up a plc.We use an Allen-Bradlley SLC 5/04 CPU type of plc.
I will appreciate if i can get immediate answer.

Are you taking a test right now?
If you have a program it's backed up. If any value's (timers,counters and so on)have changed you need to go online and save the program and upload last state and value's.

basoenek said:
I am A new PLC user.Can someone please tell me in simple detailed steps how to back up a plc.We use an Allen-Bradlley SLC 5/04 CPU type of plc.
I will appreciate if i can get immediate answer.

You need version of RSlogix 500/Rslinx that recognizes the version PLC and a method to connect to the SLC 5/04 either serial , with DF1 cable, or via DH+ usually with a PCMCK DH+ PCMCIA card and cable

curlyandshemp said:
You need version of RSlogix 500/Rslinx that recognizes the version PLC and a method to connect to the SLC 5/04 either serial , with DF1 cable, or via DH+ usually with a PCMCK DH+ PCMCIA card and cable

and... you should have a copy of the program 'with comments', if you want your comments or you will just get the rungs and I/O's without any descriptions... Thats a fun way to test how good you are :)