Destination #M0:9.300

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello everyone,

I am working on a program and I ran across an instruction FLL with the destination of #M0:9.310 there is also a COP of #M0:9.300

What is it?? or where is it?? I have no M file nor have I heard of one, I have search here but searching M is a bad idea..

This is a AB 504

I have also attached that file in a PDF

Thanks
Mark

I've got a couple machines with a 1746-HSRV card.
The M-File is the interface to that card & it's functions.

Thanks!!

I will try and find some info on the cards that are in the PLC that would help. It has a scanner (1747-SN) I'll start there
Thanks again

allscott said:
It's whatever the card is in slot 9. That is where the 9 in the 9.300, and 9.310 are

Definetely not the HSRV then.
The HSRV must be in slot 1.
More then likely devicenet.

IndiaJones said:
The "M" files are a buffer for the RIO devices. M1 is for status. And M0 is control.

Not necessarily. This same method is used for SST profibus cards as well as HSCE cards and I am sure there are others. This is data written across the backplane directly to a card in a particular slot.

M1 is for read data, M0 is for write data. As was noted, there is no point trying to search for data in M, it is always copied or transfered from a N file.