S7-300 Array indexing in stl

Roamingoat

As a relative newcomer to the S7-300 its driving me crazy. Can anyone tell me how I simply address an array item in the form:
Array[index] where Array is declared as a single dimension array of integers and index is an integer variable? I am working in LAD/STL and can't get the syntax right.

L "DB3".CIP_STEPTIME["DB3".CIP_STEP]....X
L "DB3".CIP_TIM_ACC
+I
T "DB3".CIP_TIM_ACC

Last edited:
It wont be simple in STL and it is impossible in LAD.
Array indexing in STL requires you to create a pointer, and there are many variants depending on what type of data and what you want to do with it.

This thread has a generalised example of array indexing (L D[AR2, P#0.0]'s post):
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=230787
It is generalised so much that it may be too complex for your use. But you can cut it down to what you really need.

Do you have SCL ? If you have it I strongly recommend it for array indexing with S7.
In SCL you can really write data.Array1[22]:=(data.iArray2[iIndexVar1] + data.iArray3[iIndexVar2]) for example.
To achieve the same line of code in STL will take lots more work.

Here's a cut down version of the generalised array access FC that will read a value from an array of integers.

Code:
FUNCTION FC 7 : VOID
TITLE =Read an integer from an array;
VERSION : 0.1

VAR_INPUT
  aiArray : ANY ; 
  iArrayIndex : INT ; 
END_VAR
VAR_OUTPUT
  iResult : INT ; 
END_VAR
VAR_TEMP