USB Interface with Remote I/o??

Coops

Strange question but one of my customers as asked my to provide a simulator. Easy stuff i thought couple of input and outputs (digital & analog) which would be remote i/o on profibus to a pc where it would be controlled....BUT NO he wants in on a USB interface instead of profibus. Any ideas on USB interface with remote I/O and who would manufacture this....ive never heard of anyone doing it?

Thanks

P.S
I've used the Moeller XI/ON Remote Intellegent I/O System on profibus to do this before but he wants this converted to usb.

Last edited:
How about using a USB to Serial converter and going Modbus to the I/O block.

You may be able to get fancy and use a USB Bluetooth Adapter and go wireless to the I/O but I'm not sure this is possible yet. I'm sure it will be in the near future though.

You don't mention what is driving this simulation system?>.. a PLC or just a laptop. That could make a difference right there.

Beckhoff BK9500.

bk9500.gif

http://www.beckhoff.com/

Looks good Ladderlogic! Do you know much about these units? As in configuration....would i need a controller and one of these units followed by my digital and analog signals. And then just plug my USB cable into the 9500 to my PC and then sort out the controlling software.

Thanks