1756-L55, Comunication

mhv

Hello,

I can´t to link controller L55 with RSLgix5000 v.16.

The RSLogix show me the next error Error: Rung 0: Empty rung

Please, if somebody can help me.

Thanks.

Ok, the channel is RS-232 and RSlinx 2.43.01.23, the RSlinx see the controller, but RSlogix5000 can´t.

I Upgraded the firmware of the controller for the RSLogix5000 v.16.

Thanks.

I'm not sure that this IS the problem, but having an empty rung is not accepted in Logix5000!

Try to open the file with the empty rung ad delete that rung, then try to down load again. I'm guessing that your system doesn't get past compiling, and therefore does not proceed to the download section.

Michal Rudbeck-Rønne
M2R

I do belive if you upgrade the firmware you automaticly blow away the program hopefully your program was writing in version 16. Clear the processor memory and download the program

Thank You,

But, I was in error, because I have the demo version RSLogix. That explains everything.

Thanks again

No, having a demo version has nothing to do with an "empty rung" error message.

Michal_dk was correct.

That error message occurs when you are trying to compile a program for download. It occurs when you have an empty rung with no instructions on it. You will find an empty rung at the top of one of your ladder files.

You get the empty rung when you first open a subroutine that is empty. The program automatically inserts a rung for you to start your logic on.
Regards Alan