direct logic 06 math

plc noob

i am trying my first time at programming a direct logic plc 06 . i need help getting data into the vmemory locations . how do you get data into a vmempry location . and how do you load a constant to the accumulator . every time i enter a constant it says ta and the my constant . i read that ta was timer accumulated . am i missing something . i am using the latest software direct soft 5.2

i am trying to load v1200 and add v1201 the out to v1202 v 1200 contains decimal 100 , v1201 contains decimal 50 , and v1202 is still 100 when i make the rung true . like the add function is not working . am i missing a step . i loaded theses values into the vmemory locations with a data view

Please post the code that you are trying to implement. At first I thought you were stepping on one of the current Vmem locations but 1200 is above them...
LD, ADD, OUT should work.

The PLC performs most math operations in BCD. Make sure you are entering/viewing BCD values in Data View. Also, make sure that V1201 has a value in it and the PLC is in Run mode. If that's correct you could post a screen cap.

i got it working using ld,add,out. but how do you do math on numbers larger than 9999 out of the bcd range . it seems the math instructions will only see bcd numbers how do use use higher numbers

There are double instructions. The work with two consecutive memory locations. So you would do LDD V2000 (loads V2000 and V2001), ADD or ADDD, then OUTD V2004 (output to V2004 and V2005).

There are also Real instructions, but if you have a BCD number you must convert it to a real number before you use a Real instruction on it.