Communication Triconex/Honeywell Experion

mdupuis

Hello All,

I need to link Triconex Tricon and Trident PLCs to a Honeywell Experion DCS. How can this be done?

What are the communication protocols supported by the Honeywell Experion DCS?

Does it support MODBUS?

Thanks!

Modbus TCP is supported at the server level on Experion.
You just buy the license and plug it into a NIC.

If you want to go Modbus RTU then cross your fingers you have a C200 and not a C300.
The C300 & 300 series IO as of yet does NOT support SI cards so you have to buy a C200 just so you can use the old PM SI cards.
A real PITA but thats the only way they can do it right now.

What release of Experion is it?

You can connect Modbus RTU to Experion by going a Modbus Gateway (Digi ONE IAP) or terminal server (Systech RCS5008).

If Experion Release is R310, you can connect C300 controller to Modbus TCP devices with a PCDI feature.

PCDI = Peer Control Data Interface.