Citect Timer ?????

jimtech67

Is there a timer function in Citect or CiCode ?

I would like to do the following:
Press a button have a timer start. When the timer is done I would like to set memory tag This tag will cause another button to appear.

I am using a OPC server that is comminicating to our custom product. No PLC so there are no timers available that way. The OPC part is working

GO JETS

lots of solutions for this problem:

you could store the time when you press button 1, then if current time > (stored time + x) show button 2

you could use the sleep or sleepMs function

regards,

marsupilami

thanks Marsupilami

the sleep was what I was looking for, something clean and easy. I figured there was funtion I just could not find what I needed in the CiCode manual.

GO JETS

Be careful of sleep - it can adversely affect the performance of Citect if used often and for a longer time period. Even sleep for 2 seconds can slow things down.