CPU 313c-2DP connect with CANview Profibus

Maira

Hello,

my english is not very good and i do not have experience in PLC´s.But i need to connect a CPU 313c-2dp with the slave CanView Profibus.
I have de GSD files in the step 7 but i do not know how to configure de Can View Profibus....
Does anybody any experience ??

thanks a lot...

Dont know the "CanView" you mention.

This is a general description how to add an external profibus device via the GSD file:

Open the HW Config.
Use the function Options .. Install GSD file.. to import the GSD file into the HW Catalog.
Select the port on the CPU that is to be used for the Profibus network. Set it to "networked".
Select the Profibus network that is attached to the port. When selected the line that resembles the Profibus network changes to solid black.
Then find the desired Profibus component in the HW Catalog. There will be an entry under Additional Field Devices. When you doubleclick on the desired component it will be attached to the selected Profibus network. You will be prompted for a station address. Change it or just accept the suggested address.
Depending on the type of component, you may then have to add further sub-components into the slave station. These typically represent i/o modules. If this is the case you have to study the documentation for the device in order to figure out which sub-components are necessary for your application.

Hello JesperMP

Thanks a lot for the reply.

We had external help to resolve the problem. The problem was the profibus wire. Now I have to buy one, and my question is: If there is a special cable for profibus DP.

Thanks a lot.

hello maira;

Here are documents showing the 2 Profibus-D{P cables we specify i n our projects:

This one from Siemens, we generally only require the standard cable:
Siemens_cable_DP.jpg

This one from Belden:
Belden_cable_DP.jpg

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited: