siemens s7-300 counter wanted.........

f117

hello again, i want a counter that counts from 0 to 65535 .......can you help me plz...? i have found counter that counts up to 9999 but it want bigger range.... thank you again

Last edited:
High speed counter, like FM-350? or Software counter?
If your counter is running upto 9999, then run 7 of these counters like Relay Race , ie start counter 2 when counter 1 reaches 9999, like wise.

This one is easy:

A I0.0 //whatever you want counted
FP M100.0 // Front puls
jcn END // Whenever front puls is negative then skip counting

L MW 200 // this is your counter
INC 1 // Increase counter by 1
T MW 200 // Store new counter value

END: NOP 0

Think that should do it....

Now if you take a MD you can have even larger counters.
Note: MWx can be replaced by DBx.DBWxx

If you use the INC instruction, you will only be able to count to 255. Use the "+ I" instruction instead.

edit: Also, if the counter needs to count above 32767, then you should use a DINT instead of an INT.

Last edited: