Expanding MicroLogix 1000?

ctilley

Hi all. I've looked through the AB Automation Systems Catalog to find if it's possible to expand a Micrologix 1000 with more I/O points. As far as I can gather it is not possible unless it it a MicroLogix 1500. Am I correct on this or has something changed in the last couple years (my catalog is fairly old)?

The ML1000 cannot be expanded. The ML1100,ML1200 and the ML1500 can be expanded.( see PDF below)

Mickey,
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't open the PDF. It kept locking up my PC.But I'll take your word for it. Thanks again.

Try this:

MLExpan.jpg

ctilley said:
Hi all. I've looked through the AB Automation Systems Catalog to find if it's possible to expand a Micrologix 1000 with more I/O points. As far as I can gather it is not possible unless it it a MicroLogix 1500. Am I correct on this or has something changed in the last couple years (my catalog is fairly old)?

The ML1000 does come in different sized bricks - So if you have a smaller IO brick you could replace the whole unit with a larger brick.

BUT... If you are going to swap it out anyways, for just a couple of bucks more you can get a lot more functionality with the ML1200 or ML1100. If you think you would like online programming ability then choose the ML1100.

Option

Do you need more digintal inputs only? In the past I have added more contact blocks to selector switches etc. and then added logic to overcome lack of inputs- if I/0 and I/1 = 1 then A, if I/0 =1 and I/1 = 1 then B, if I/0 and I/1 = 0 then C etc. It's not necessarily the best way to do it but then agian it does work.
icon7.gif

Peter