Wiring PWM ouput to Stepper drive -s7-200

michaelruban

Hello,

I am using s7-200 siemens plc cpu-224. I would like to run my stepper motor through the pwm output from the plc. How to connect my drive to plc?(wiring diagram)

Is any body have the sample program with explanations for pwm as well as pto for the same.

Advance thanks!(y)
Ruban

Dear Brock,

Thank you for your reply! I have downloaded the files and studied. I have connected accordingly, but the motor still not working?
I am using a Ezstepper drive for my stepper motor with pulse amd direction mode. Should I need 600 ohms load resister on that as shown in the example.
Please help me.

Ruban

Sorry, but I didn't use the PWM output for stepper motor control, so I don't know. I think you need first to find, if your software works correctly (LED of Q0.0 must lit - maybe with lower intensity - depend of Cycle time/Pulse Width ratio. For this test it is better to disconnect the wire from Q0.0) If so, the mistake is in connection, if not the mistake is in your software. In my application the resister is not necessary, but in your application with Ezstepper drive it shouldn't be like that. I am not able to tell you more.