Pl707-7 Comms.

demagdave

We have an old copy of PL707-7 on floppies which we used with Telemec Nano plc's. We have now got a new laptop running windows XP and we can't open comms with the plc. Schneider said they don't support this platform any more and are concentrating on the new Twido plc. Can any one help please?

DOS

PL707 software is DOS based. While it has been known to work on WIN98SE, I have never been able to get it to work on WIN2000/ME/XP. It seems that Microsoft doesn't believe in serial communications any more.

If you want to continue using this software, your only solution is to find an older computer.

The new TWIDO software can import .ASC files exported by PL707, of course you would need to change to new hardware also.

Thanks Jim, one of my colleagues suggested installing Virtual PC on the laptop and running Win95 in a window to run the application. Any views?

Dave.