Can I use schneider-electric Telemecanique HMI with Beckhoff CX?

TOHCE

Good Day all Experts,

May I ask if anyboby here has used schneider-electric Telemecanique's XBT-GT touchscreen as the HMI for the Beckhoff CX embedded PC? Is it possible to do that? If yes, appreciate if the experience expert can advise me how to do it. Thanks a lot.

TohCE

Alternatively, how do I install any market available touchscreen monitor driver into the Beckhoff embedded CX PC? Appreciate any advises.

Thanks

If not, appreciate if anybody could advise does CX9000 works with any proven third party touch screen monitor?

Thanks for any advises.

Dont know what com. protocols beckhoff has. The XBT can talk to Rockwell,Siemens,Mitsubishi, but also has a profibus driver. So if Beckhoff can talk profibus yes, otherwise I'm not sure

Beckhoff supports Modbus RTU and TCP. With the CX, you will need the ModbusRTU library if you are going to use a serial connection. If using TCP, you will need Modbus TCP Server for Windows XPe platform or Server CE if using the Windows CE platform.

The library and the server software are both available from Beckhoff for a small cast. Visit www.beckhoff.com for more information.