OP7 first download

apetkov5

Hello!

I have problem when downloading program to OP7 for the first time.

I have OP7, project compiled in protool/pro cs, 9-15 pin v.24 cable for connecting OP, and USB to SERIAL adapter.

15 pin connector (3 pin used) is connected to IF 1A port on OP, 9 pin connector on the other side of that cable is connected to USB-to-serial adapter, and usb from adapter is connected to programming computer.

OP7 is set in download mode (v.24), and when in protool i click "download" the error box say "No connection to the OP!"

Any advice please?

yes bauds was 9600 on both ends.

but problem solved! usb to serial adapter was preblem! i replace it but now i get second error while downloading:

"The phisical interface parameters you configured under PLC_Driver_Parameters are not allowed for the hardware version of the device currently connected" ???

Using Siemens S7 300 (314) and OP7 V1.04 E

Controllers -> PLC -> Driver: Simatic S7 300/400 v 6.0 -> parameters -> Connest OP to network: MPI(1), Interface IF1 B, adress 1.......

communication peer/symbol list: define the params yourself, adress 2, expansion slot 2, rack 0

maybe problem somewhere heare?

I do not know correcly, what do you mean "for the first time". (First download or you are first time user). But until I have used notebook with real RS232 (serial port),the download was always OK. But with notebook equipped only USB to serial converter I need to start download twice from Protool. First attempt ALWAYS finishes with message "No connection to the OP". Second attempt is ALWAYS OK and sw is tranferred correctly. I do not know how to explain this behavior. But it works like that.

"The phisical interface parameters you configured under PLC_Driver_Parameters are not allowed for the hardware version of the device currently connected" ???

This message usually means that you are using the wrong OP7 for the connected PLC.

OP7 comes in three variants PP,DP and DP12, If you are trying to use a PP terminal with a simatic PLC - it wont work

What is the part number of the OP7?

You have a OP7-PP - this will not work with 314 CPU, You need a OP7-DP 6AV3 607-1JC20-0AX1

OP7-PP Supports Telemechanique,AB etc PLC's only.