Is it possible to give comment to a boolean variable opened from a DB....Siemens PLC

drspanda

Dear All,

I have a FB where I have opened a DB in it...I want to give comments to the variables (BOOL) which are used in the FB..

For example:

OPN #burner_DB

A(
O #pb_br
O DBX 0.1
)
FP #fl_pb_1
= #pb_on_shot

I want to give a symbol/comment on DBX 0.1...is it possible is step 7?

No, I'm afraid not. The best you can do is add a comment after the instruction:

A DBX1.0 //This is a start button

edit: Something else you could do if scan time is not an issue is pass this bit to a local variable, use the local variable symbollically, and then pass it back at the end of the function:

A DBX1.0
= #StartButton
A #StartButton
= DBX1.0

Last edited:
Pass the boolean in as a parameter to the FB, the parameter will have a name. When passing in the parameter, use DB1.DBX0.1 (for example) which can also be given a name when declaring it in the DB.

If you put a name on the DBX you can change your code,save it and to display it correcly. Delete OPN #Burner_DB and where you want to use the bool, type it as Burner_DB.WhateverDBX

The comment and absolute address will display to the right if it is selected in "Options"