mitsibishi gpp-win programing

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Well after 4+ years of working soley with Rslogix 5 and 500 I am working a little with mitsibishi. I have the gpp-win program, a FX2N-64MR PLC and the SC-09 cable sitting here beside me. I have already established comms and transfered a few test programs now wanting to move onto some advanced functions (sequencing, bit shift, BTR,BTW )but find they arent easily chosen like in AB software. (mitsubishi is awful)
Can anyone point me to websites/tutorials on this. Thier web site is as bad as thier software and the help function is even worse.

Thanks for any info. .

Bob

First off,
You can't really say something is awful unless you give it a chance. You've been working with another plc brand and when it comes to change, it's like trying to learn to speak a different language. Pulling it out of the box and trying to compare it with another brand isn't going to get you anywhere, nor will it make the commands look like AB.
The website is meau.com and I dont see the problem with downloading a manual and studying it. Almost all the manuals are available on the web site. đź“š "READ THEM" Are far as I know there isn't ANY exact common language between most plc's. There are some similar functions to AB, but for the most part it is, "A MITSUBISHI PLC".
The bit shifts and sequencing are all right there in the manuals, free for you to download. If you have some specific question, let us know and we'll be glad to help.

I know the feeling... I felt the same few years ago
when I started. Visit http://www.meau.com and click
on tech support, manuals etc.
You will find plenty of material there but be prepared
to spend some time testing things out. Don't take
anything that comes from manuals for granted.
Post questions here or on www.mrplc.com and someone
will try to help.

have fun

What can I do for you?

Dear Bob,
The way that you are familiar with make you think
some big difference between AB & Mitsubishi..(From my opinion)
Sometime I have thinking like you when I have trouble with Siemens.
Anyway, Good in Bad and Bad in Good ,If you try more in those PLC
after you close to them...You will know..That is not Stupid as we are
think..
What can I do for you?
Let try...www.mrplc.com
Or you can post the question of the process or machine that you work with to this forum..There are a lot of expert here...you can met
Prof. rsdoran, Terrry woods, and etc...
As I have use this PLC..(Mitsu Fx)in several factory ,there is
no any bad feedback to me.
Also,you will be surprise if you use SFC..Sequencial Fungtion Chart
with it.
I can post some example program to you if you need.

Best Wishes,
A.Char

Speaking of...

A.Char said:
There are a lot of expert here...you can met
Prof. rsdoran, Terrry woods, and etc

Anyone hear from Terry lately??? What's it been now, like two months?... :unsure:

Hmmm... Keepers issue again?... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks to all for the info. I have plenty of time to get to know this thing, I have everything here at home and will be doing alot of tinkering. I will get the manuals and go from there...

Thanks
bob beerchug

In fact, Melsec has released their new version PLC tool: GX Developer 8, now the pop version is GX Developer 7 (support XP), in the Europe, they use a software named GX IEX Developer (last version 5), which use the IEC standdard and five programming languages

software

Where can I get a copy of the full version of GX Developer?

We have an older PLC FX2n-128... and I want to upload the program and have a copy in case we lose the PLC.

Thanks in advance, GJ

Mitsibishi display Cable

Does anyone know what cable I need to connect the FX2n processor to the MS-500 series touch screen display?

The one we are using has a bad wire and we keep losing comms.

Thanks again, GJ

You can purchase GX Developer from a Mitsubishi supplier. They will also be able to advise you as to what cable you will need. don't worry about it being an old thread, it happens all the time. Go Wings.