Step 5 help

bluejay_ca

Please don't flame me, if it were A/B or Omron I'd be ok.

I took step 7 in school, but only on paper (which I cannot seem to find right now).The PLC is an hour + drive away.

I need to instruct over the phone on how to add a timer to the logic.

This would be right from communication to the ladder. I can handle the logic but from what I remember there were a lot more steps to the ladder diagram than what I am used to. Please and Thank You.

bluejay

From memory (so bear with me).. you simply open your project. Go to offline edit. Pick which PB or FB you want your timer in and open that block.

Go to the last segment and press F6 (Edit) and F6 again (I think, it should be Seg End). This will start a new Segment.

Then its either Shift F4 or Shift F5 (F4 I think) for the timers. SD = on delay, SF = off delay.

Fill in a T number at the top to address your timer eg. T1

Then put the timebase in as KT x.y (where y = the timebase and x = the number of that timebase)

If y = 0 timebase is 100ths of a second
If y = 1 timebase is 10ths of a second
If y = 2 timebase is seconds
If y = 3 timebase is tens of seconds

So KT 5.2 would be a timer of 5 seconds.

KT 100.1 would be ten seconds (also KT 10.2 and KT 1.3)

Then you need to put in some logic that will turn your timer on. Then put in a Q output (not necessary cos you can use the T address in your software)

Then yer good to go...

HTH

Cheers

JT ;-)

Hi Bluejay.

Your post asks for S5 help, but then goes on to say that you have some S7 knowledge, which is a little confusing.

Johnny has explained the S5 timers, but i'm just wondering if it is actually S7 timers you need assistance with?

Anyhow, just in case, the timebase of the S7 timers are quite different and need to be labelled as follows.

Timer title = T1 for example.
Timebase TV = S5T#500MS for 500 Millisecond or S5T#0.5S for example.

Hope this is of some use.

Steve.

Last edited:
bluejay_ca said:
Please don't flame me, if it were A/B or Omron I'd be ok.

I took step 7 in school, but only on paper (which I cannot seem to find right now).The PLC is an hour + drive away.

I need to instruct over the phone on how to add a timer to the logic.

This would be right from communication to the ladder. I can handle the logic but from what I remember there were a lot more steps to the ladder diagram than what I am used to. Please and Thank You.

using STL

A (Logic to make timer activate) // And TRUE condition
L KT XXX.Y // XXX =Preset Y = Time base
SD T ZZ // Enable Timer ZZ as On delay

A T ZZ // Timer ZZ Done
// rest of logic