RSViewME - All text was replaced with a ? -- why?

Syrist

I opened up an rsview me application that was developed about a year ago and for some reason all spots where regular text was on the main hmi screen has now been replaced with a ? question mark.

For example, the main hmi graphic screen had a bunch of text labelled "Level 1 Decision", "Level 1 Decision", etc. and how they just read "?", "?", etc.

Any ideas?

I found the problem. There was a language mis-match between the new project I created and the older project that I was importing.

The new project was created using the default "Canadian English" and the offline project was originally created using "US English".

Apparenly these are two completely diffetent languages (according to Rockwell) -- so much so that they replaced all the text with question marks.

So I re-created the new project with "US English" as the language option, then imported the offline project and now all the text is displayed properly.

I understand doing this with completely different languages like German and English, or French and Spanish, but US English and Canadian English... come on... they're like 99.99% identical!

Last edited:
.01 difference = eh!

So I am on Rockwells side with the question marks. It did not know what to do with the "eh" at the end of all the text boxes :)

Syrist said:
I found the problem. There was a language mis-match between the new project I created and the older project that I was importing.

The new project was created using the default "Canadian English" and the offline project was originally created using "US English".

Apparenly these are two completely diffetent languages (according to Rockwell) -- so much so that they replaced all the text with question marks.

So I re-created the new project with "US English" as the language option, then imported the offline project and now all the text is displayed properly.

I understand doing this with completely different languages like German and English, or French and Spanish, but US English and Canadian English... come on... they're like 99.99% identical!

Its cuz of the rising Loonie. Now Canadian English is 110% of American English

LOL..i have run into this before but not with rockwell products..if i set my puter to can english the app just wont run...Its not a rockwell thing its a Microsoft thing...