Slc100??????

dbowyer

Hello,

I have a machine with a SLC100/1745-LP101. I am not familiar with the type of communication port on the controller and I do not have a hand held programming device. Does anyone know what software and communication cable I would need to access the ladder logic?

thanks

We have had several threads on the topic, including this one from a couple of days ago. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=34612

The thread contains the links to the manuals and the software (its free) on ABs website as well as someone who sells third party communication adaptors and some information about hardware and operating system requirements (You will have problems under WinXP) and advice on upgrading that obsolete unit.

You are going to need the software called PCIS. This software used to be on a 5 1/4" floppy disk (cat #1745-pcd), or a 3.5" floppy disk (cat #1745-pcdm). This is a DOS based software. Also needed is an interface converter (Cat. #1745-pcc) and a interconnect cable (cat #1745-c1). All of the above parts, (with the exception of the 3.5" disk, which was optional) were included in a kit called "personal computer interface kit"- cat. #1745-pck. Good luck finding the kit, I highly doubt that A-B supports this series any more, it is very old. Also the handheld programmer was cat #1745-pt1.

Also, if the plc has a password on it, you will need the handheld programmer to disable it.
You might want to try "plccenter.com" they "might" have everything you need.