RSView ME .MER to .APA

junkerjorg

I converted an MER back into an APA once but cannot remember how I did it and Rockwell removed the instructions from the Knowledge Base. Does anyone know how to convert the MER back to an APA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_lev

There is a way to unarchive MER file...

To un-archive the MER file follow these easy steps:

1. Upload MER file from PanelView.

2. Double click on the project with the MER extension. RS View ME Station will start.

3. As long as RS View ME Station is running (even if an error is shown) it un-archives the project to:

C:\Documents and Settings\<login username>\Local Settings\Temp\~MER.00

Replace <login username> with your login details.

Note that “\Local Settings” is a hidden directory.

The un-archived files are deleted when ME Station is no longer running.

That worked like a champ

I had to create a new project in RSView Studio with the same name as the .MER. This is the only way that I was able to open the project in RSView Studio.

I deleted all the contents of the new project and replaced them with the contents of the temporary folder noted in your steps.

The one thing that it didn't restore was the RSLinx Enterprise path. I guess that is not that big of deal as long as you don't replace the comms when you download. It is pretty simple to re-create it though.

One of our Engineers was at the Automation Fair a couple of weeks ago and a Rockwell guy said that this was not possible. They are supposed to add this feature into the next release of RSView.

baref00t25 vbmenu_register("postmenu_176434", true);

Local Time is: 01:07 PM

Here is a little more detailed description of the process to convert a .mer file to a .apa.

Create a new application in RSView Studio with the name that you want to restore your .mer application to, for this example let us use the name “Restored App”. The new application is stored at: “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects\Restored App\”

Upload the .mer file from the panelview plus using the file transfer utility provided with RSView Studio. Run the uploaded .mer application on your PC. You will get a warning most likely that you current license will only work for two hours, then you will get a warning stating that you have too many screens to run on your current license. These warnings are fine this will still work. Anyways, once it has been opened it extracts all the files from the .mer file into the following directory: “C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\~MER.00\”

Select all the files within the “~MER.00” directory and copy them into the “Restored App” directory overwriting all the files in the “Restored App” directory. Now go and open the RSView Studio and select Restored App. Like I mentioned before you will certainly lose the alarm messages, but you can open the M_Alarms directory and read the MachineAlarms.mal file in notepad.

Hope this helps. I got it from here if I remember correctly.

I think this was the Tech Note that seems to have dissappeared. I often copy them to a pdf or word document if they are usefull as they either disappear from the Knowledgebase or become impossible to find at times. I hope it helps.

What Happen With The Alarms???

I've Done So, And It Works!!! Thanks!!!! But, I Can't Get To Copy The Alarm File... Is There A Way To Copy Or Restore It????

Thanks In Advanced!!!!
Javier Tavares

Select all the files within the “~MER.00” directory and copy them into the “Restored App” directory overwriting all the files in the “Restored App” directory. Now go and open the RSView Studio and select Restored App. Like I mentioned before you will certainly lose the alarm messages, but you can open the M_Alarms directory and read the MachineAlarms.mal file in notepad.
I think that the document mentioned here warns about NOT being able to restore Alarms.
Read post #2 again.
Those you have to manually re-enter in your current application.

I Try To Open The .mal File

First Of All, Thanks

Then I'm Using A 5.00.00 (cpr 9).

Finally, As You Mentioned I Tried To Open And Copy That File, But A Message Appears Saying That The File Is Being Used By Another Aplication, Also When I Get Copying It And After To Open, A Message Appears Saying That It's Imposible To Open It... What's Going On?

Thanks In Advanced!!!!

If you are using version 5.0, and .mer file you want to convert is also created in ver 5.0 then you can try following steps,

From tools Menu, select Application Manager ....
Select Machine Edition ...
Select the Restore runtime application ...
And follow the instructions.

Good Luck.

Problem converter mer to apa

:confused:Hi, I'm have a problem converting a aplication mer to apa, this backup was geting from a IHM, when I converter this file, I lost all the text in the button and another texts, can I send the file to you to find the problem and help me . I try the anothers version of the softwares. but the result is the same. send me you e-mail please.

:confused:Hi, I'm have a problem converting a aplication mer to apa, this backup was geting from a IHM, when I converter this file, I lost all the text in the button and another texts, can I send the file to you to find the problem and help me . I try the anothers version of the softwares. but the result is the same. send me you e-mail please.

If the original program used the parameter file for displays like motor popups, then there is your problem. When you do the conversion it will not restore the parameter files.

If the original program used the parameter file for displays like motor popups, then there is your problem. When you do the conversion it will not restore the parameter files.
About de parameters I got to extract, but all the text, a simple text is lost. how a title or a button' name, when I open de rsview station all de names are ther, but when I' recovery all the names are lost.