PowerFlex 4 Parameters

randy

Supporting Member
I'm trying to setup a PowerFlex 4. Having problem with the Acc/Decel time. Parameter P039 (Acc), P040 (Decel) will not responsed to any time setting that is enter into these parameter.

Also there is a DB resistor accross the braking terminals. I'm I missing a setting that must be entered?

thanks

rmonroe

That settign means DC injection braking which is the reason the decel time has no effect.

The DB resistor will help the drive dissipate regeneration caused by overhauling loads or rapid deceleration.

DC injection braking can stop a motor pretty fast, sometimes faster than the minimum ramp time. It depends on the inertia of the rotor and the load. It also may cause some motor heating depending on how much current is being injected for what duration, and how often it executes this braking cycle.

If you want a longer decel time, try changing P37 to 0 or 4 (0=Ramp to Stop and Clear Faults, 4=Ramp Stop).

Thanks for your help.

I set the parameter 37 to setting 4 and now we have braking...

rmonroe