Toggle Button on a ML1500

madohman

Previously I have used a OSR to do my toggle button on the 1000's, but now I have a 1500 and the OSR is not a valid command. Does anybody have a sample chunk of logix using 1 button to turn something on and the press the same button again to turn it off?

Thanks

In the ML1500, substitute the OSR instruction in rung 0 below for an ONS instruction. See help in RSLogix 500 for information.

flipflop823.GIF

The ML1100, 1200 and 1500 have three one shot instructions, an ONS input instruction and OSR, and OSF outputs instructions; similar to the instructions in the PLC5 and ControlLogix families, while the SLC500 and ML1K had only a single one shot instruction, OSR.

Like Jez, one of my personal favorites is to just use the .ACC/0 bit from a counter. Each time the counter upcounts the bit changes state. No need to worry about counter PRE, /DN, or counter roll over. Counter.ACC/0 is retentive on power failure and the example above is not retentive.

Last edited: