S7 FB's and Instance DB

twocozz

Hi All,

Advice required from all you Siemens Gurus out there!

If Function block FB2 and FB3 are declared in the STAT area of
FB1 then they will share the instance data block of FB1 - no problem.

My question is - is there a way FB2 and FB3 can reference data in FB1's STAT area? I know they all share the same DB but having played around for a couple of hours I have not been able to do this and I am now assuming that they can’t. Could somebody enlighten me?

Thanks in Advance

Tony

Using symbolic addressing it is possible, see below, although I would pass the variables in FB1 as parameters to FB2 and FB3

idb001.JPG

Similar Topics

Exposing shades of “newbie”…. I haven’t used arrays much, and I think using one for multi-zone temperature control is probably the solution I...
Replies
Views
Hello, PLCS.net guys. I'm learning about MSG for TCP communication recently. I'm trying to use CIP Generic. And the main flow is like the one...
Replies
Views
Is there any way to use a tag value in the Instance Name field? I would like to have an array of strings with my module names that I can loop...
Replies
Views
I'm hooking up a scale to an EWEB card on a 1756 PLC through ethernet/IP sockets, and I've run into an issue that seems to defy ladder logic. See...
Replies
Views
Hey! I couldn't find any answer for my question anywhere, so maybe You can help me. Most of the time I was working with Siemens. I created an AOI...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom