RSVeiw Studio connections problem

Saint AAI

Hi, I've recently been given the task of programming a few PanelView plus screens and have never done anything like this before. I've been messing with the software and have got my head round most of it, but i'm having problems with the comms side of things. Most of the PLC's where I work are Omrons so i'm using KEPServer Enterprise as well as RSLinx Enterprise, but i'm not really sure what i'm doing and can't find any help. When in RSVeiw Studio I double click the communication setup and it starts the wizard, but when I click "Create new configuration" I just get an error message saying "Failed to copy the default template". Is there something i'm doing wrong or does it sound like a problem with the installation of the software?? Any help or links to some help will be much appriciated as I haven't a clue what i'm doing. Thanks, Shane.

Well I've been messing around somemore and I've changed my IP address and it now works?? Dont know why. I had a static IP before and I still have, but just changed it??

Edit.
Ignore the above, I loaded up a project that had already been done and the communications setup worked, so I opened a new application with what I wanted it to be called, then found the folder and copied the info out of the existing application apart from the .med file (if that makes sense, similar to getting a .mer file to work on RSVeiw Studio). Then opened up my new application and it works?? Still havent figured out how to get to the tags though, messing with one of our A&B plc's for the time being till I get used to it all. I can browse the network, but cant get to the tags, anyone help?

Last edited: