PLC Allen Bradley

plc\'sman

P
Hi all,

I have to use an PLC Allen Bradley.
My customer told me that the software i need is the "control logics"
and "panel builder 32" for control panel.
Do you know if the software is shareware (it's possible to dowload) or other solution.

Thank's to all

There is no free Allen Bradley software. You will have to spend a good amount of money.
Contrologix is a PLC. The software is RSLogix 5500. For the PLC5 it is RSLogix5 and for the SLC500 it is RSLogix500.
You can contact a local AB distributor for pricing.

Rick Densing said:
There is no free Allen Bradley software. You will have to spend a good amount of money.
Contrologix is a PLC. The software is RSLogix 5500. For the PLC5 it is RSLogix5 and for the SLC500 it is RSLogix500.
You can contact a local AB distributor for pricing.

They do give away thr pico controller software. not much there, just fun to play with.

Here are some suggestions on what to do:

If the project in question is BIG, then you should easily cover the expenses for software and some training within the budget.
You could also let a third-party do the programming, but this would not be less expensive, only it is probably the fastest way to meet a short deadline.

If the project is rather small and dont allow for extra expenses, then consider this aproach:
Ask the customer to do the programming of both PLC and HMI himself; he probably allready is proficient in ControlLogix and PanelView as he is requesting them.
You will be a consultant on how the system or machine shall function. Use your existing PLC listings as a template for the customer.
The end-result: You dont have extra expenses. The customer gets what he wants.
Of course, this assumes that it is acceptable for you to hand over the programming to the customer. And that it is acceptable to the customer to take over the responsibility of the systems functionality.

yep...swinging his arms about, light flashing on his round barrel body....usually Dr Smith was the cause of all problems.